IMS Flexible Programs
Study for 4, 5, 6, or 8 hours per day for 1 to 16 or more weeks in Group or Private Classes. (2 week minimum suggested.) One day programs are also available. Classes average three students per level. Maximum of five students per Spanish language class. If your level it not available the week you enroll, we will open the level just for you.
Daily schedule of Institute of Modern Spanish classes:
4 hours/day 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
5 hours/day 8:00AM to 1:00PM
6 hours/day 8:00AM to 2:00PM
8 hours/day 8:00AM to 1:00 PM and 3 late afternoon /evening hours.
In special circumstances, 4 hours/day classes may be held in the afternoon/evening.
- Combine group lessons with private lessons— 30 hour per week option includes 5 hours of group and 1 hour of private instruction daily; and 40 hour per week option includes 5 hours of group and 3 hours of private instruction daily. Students who wish combine group lessons with private lessons and take less then 30 hours per week can take 2-3 hours of group lessons combined with 2 hours of private lessons.
- Start any Monday year-round and study for any number of weeks. Our three-way placement test procedure ensures correct class work from day one and allows for flawless integration into group study. Individual placement tests and outline formats are taken prior to arrival online or via mail/fax.
View placement test and outline.
- Institute of Modern Spanish classes include 2 to 3 hours daily in beginning, elementary, intermediate, or advanced Spanish language and 2 to 3 hours daily of Spanish Conversation, Spanish for Teachers, Spanish for Business, Local Political/Socioeconomic Development, Mayan Culture I & II, Yucatán History, or Spanish-American Literature. More information&help;
- Price per week start at US$354.00 for classes and full room and board homestay housing.
- Complete Institute of Modern Spanish price list.
- We accept all major credit cards as well as checks from U.S. banks.
- Special Programs & Discounts during for Summer & Winter Vacations.
- All ages and levels welcomed. Separate children’s program.
- Flexible housing options: While staying with a local host family is recommended for the linguistic and cultural benefits it provides, you can make your own hotel or apartment arrangements or let the Institute of Modern Spanish make these arrangements for you. Van transportation to and from hotel/apartment accommodations available. More information&help;
- Homestay housing includes a private room in the home of a local host family. Convenient transportation to and from host family’s home available if needed. Discounts for those who travel with a roommate. More information
- The Institute of Modern Spanish provides many student tours either in its own passenger van or through local tour companies. More information
- All Institute of Modern Spanish packages (classes with homestay) include a Panoramic City Tour of Merida, Yucatan at no additional charge.
- Excursions available to the famous Mayan ruins of Chichén Itzá, Uxmal & Dzibilchaltun. Excellent school guided tours to near by towns and villages (Izamal, Progreso, Tixcoccob, and others around the Yucatan).
- Beach is a convenient & short (15-20 minutes) bus ride away.
- Explore the surrounding convents and colonial haciendas.
Students testimonials & references are available in our short video or contact us for more.